All I Want Is A Three-Piece Suit.

Why is it so freaking hard to find exactly what you are madly craving?

I love an androgynous look on women. Even more, I love wearing this kind of look myself. I most definitely have a feminine side... But I am most comfortable in work wear that is a touch masculine. And what I am dying to find, but simply can not, is a three-piece suit.


This is from the September issue of Vogue. Sally Singer, one of the former editors, models a gorgeous Ralph Lauren three-piece suit. It looks incredible. And it should. It was tailored just for her. And I am anxious to replicate the look for myself.

But...

While I would love nothing more than to head to the Ralph Lauren mansion on upper Madison Avenue in NYC and spend thousands of dollars on a custom-made three-piece suit, I just do not have the time or the cash. (Let's be honest, it's more about the cash.)

So I was hoping to scour the Internet for a (far, far) cheaper version of the look. But my old stand-by sites for suiting do not seem to have this kind of thing going yet...
  • Theory
  • Elie Tahari
  • J. Crew
  • Banana Republic
  • Shopbop
  • Net-a-Porter
All have let me down. (Sad face.)

I am in no rush for this though. I leave in 27 days for Bikram Yoga Teacher Training (EEK!) and certainly won't be wearing a suit until December at the earliest. So this gives ready-to-wear contributors a few months to get something on the racks for me.

Here's hoping.

Comments

bikramarian said…
Very cool. I love the idea of taking off my jacket and still looking very businessy with the third piece underneath. I'm gonna keep an eye out for this look.
Anonymous said…
Hi,

I like you have been searching, unsuccessfully, for a womens three piece suit. I have, however, found a place to have one custom made, Vietnam. While I won't be doing this soon it's the only way I can get what I want for a price I can play (avg. $60 - $200).

Good Luck!
T said…
Hi,

So did you ever find a 3 piece suit? I've been looking for them as well. I have a couple, but I would like more!

Me said…
I did not. It's still on my list of things to buy. Probably next year. I love them. Where did you score yours?

Popular Posts