Bikram 101 Day Challenge.

"And scene!"

Yes. I am done with the Bikram 101 Challenge. That was 101 Bikram yoga classes in the first 101 days of 2010. The challenge began January 1st and ended April 11th, the day before my birthday. I ended the challenge a day early, because I was going to NYC and knew I wouldn't be able to practice on the final day. So I snuck in some doubles to make sure I met my deadline.

YAY!

It was a tough challenge. Between two root canals on two occasions, a full-time job where I had to build out a new product, a husband, trips to see friends, a bridal shower to plan... It was not easy. But I finished it, and am now taking a few days off before I move into my regular practice of five days a week.

So you may be wondering "what is different" now that I am through all of this?
  • I feel healthier.
  • I drink a lot less coffee than I used to.
  • My skin is clearing up. (Had to sweat all those toxins out!)
  • I now have a slight wheat intolerance. (Had to sweat out all the junk in my system from years of eating badly, and now my body is sensitive to whatever I put into it.)
  • I get slightly drunk off of one glass of wine.
  • I crave meat ALL THE TIME.
  • My hips are really open. I can sit on the floor, with my legs straddled, lean forward and put my chin on the ground. FLEXIBLE!
  • My arms are much more toned, and my thighs have started to tone as well.
Would I ever do this again? Absolutely. It wasn't easy... But it was manageable. And no, I never once got sick of going to Bikram. In fact, I love it more.

Comments

bikramarian said…
Amazing! I especially love the fact that you still love Bikram yoga just as much after all this. Congratulations! That is an amazing accomplishment. You are so ready for TT.
Marzz said…
Missus, congratulations! Hope this isn't too much information, but I know you took your measurements before the challenge. Much difference after the challenge?

Love your posts lately, especially re the Ipad. too bad they won't be in Canada until May 24.
Me said…
You know what? I haven't taken my measurements since the first day. I will do that tomorrow morning! There has been some definite change... Mostly in arms and thighs.
Unknown said…
Congratulations - I'm a new follower! You can indeed do anything!

Popular Posts