If You Want to Run With the Big Dogs, You Got to Learn to Pee In the Tall Grass.

"Huh?" you may be thinking. I know, it's reads a little vulgar. Let me explain.

Back when I was in college and I was a resident assistant at the University of Arizona, I had a manager that used to say that to us. We were mostly grossed out by it. But what she meant was that if you want "play with the high rollers" you have to "learn how to fight the fight and play the game."

Whenever I feel a little blue or "down in the game" about work, I say this to myself.

I wanted to share that inspirational message with all of my random readers.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know your proverb is modeled after a popular one. Do you know what the original one is?
Anonymous said…
my father used to say (mostly to the boys, but sometimes to us girls) when we were complaining about something:

"If you want to run with the big dogs, you've got to stop pissing like a puppy".

And I think of that every time I see someone whining about a task being too difficult. You want to play the game of life - MAN UP
Anonymous said…
If you want to run with the big dogs you gotta piss with them. The original.

Popular Posts